Effective From 15th September 2020
This Policy describes (i) the types of data we may collect or that you may provide when you install, download, subscribe to, access, and/or use the features of the Application including your interaction with the recommended third party content displayed on the Application; (ii) how we use that information, and the purposes for which we collect it; and (iii) how we disclose such information to third-parties.
The Shunya Application is a learning management system that helps organize, improve, predict and recommend the classroom workload for K12. The Application will be used by teachers, parents and students to manage the classroom - assignments, doubts, notes , notices and is powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence to predict, plan, recommend student regressions in class, personalized goal setting, and multi-modal content to help each unique kid learn just the way, they naturally learn with distinctive learning styles. The Application is currently live for Android devices, and the same will apply on other platforms when we go live.
3. What information does the Application collect and how is it used?
User Provided Information – The Application collects the details of three primary persona’s - teacher, parents and child in the context of classroom learning, such as name, gender, profile photo, school details, subjects and assignments, notes, corrections if sent by teacher, and other classroom notes, along with class room progress (scores for subjects etc). The Application does not collect any information about sexual, religious, political preferences, neither will it make any inference basis that.
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download/install/launch and/or use/interact with the Application. We may ask that you provide:
- transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or other applications from or through the Application;
- information you provide us when you contact us for help or support; and
- other information regarding your interaction with Application or advertising displayed on the same.
We may use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, updates and required notices.
Application Collected Information - In addition, on user consent and explicit entry - the application may in its operation collect certain information, such as:
a. User information
- Details : User name , phone number, gender
- Classroom details : School , grade , section, subjects
- Classroom workloads : Assignments, notes, notices, corrections, doubts (audio , video, images etc) - these assets are captured since they are a part of files shared as a part of classroom learning management.
b. Information about your device, including:
- Device type (e.g., make and model)
- Operating system
- Mobile browser used
- Language settings and time zone
- Screen size
- Device fingerprint to find the height & width of the phone - this helps us in crash analytics & to optimise our internal testing for release preparation and automation efforts since Android phone models are very fragmented
- Phone model name, phone Brand (company) and phone model number
c. Network information, including
- Mobile carrier
- Network provider or ISP
- Network type (e.g., WiFi or cellular)
- Date and time of connection/ login information
The Shunya app is a learning management system that helps organize, improve, predict and recommend the classroom workload for K12 . The app will be used by teachers, parents and students to manage the classroom - assignments, doubts, notes , notices and is powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence to predict, plan, recommend student regressions in class, personalized goal setting, and multi-modal content to help each unique kid learn just the way, they naturally learn with distinctive learning styles.
We ensure compliance with applicable privacy laws (in force) in our collection, processing or use of the personal data. We do not collect sensitive information such as biometric data, sexual preference, medical information, credit card and other banking related information, etc. Personal data does not include aggregate, de-identified or anonymous data.The personal data we collect helps us to improve our services and to perform analysis aimed at improving your user experience. We may use the information to:
- Provide you with the Application features and its contents and suggestions
- Helps organize, improve, predict and recommend the classroom workload for K12
- Personalizes goals, insights & student progress, helps plan for long term learning goals
- Recommends and allows sharing of multi-modal content (Audio, video, images, documents and other file formats) to help each unique kid learn
- Provide advertisements, surveys and/or promotional content that may be of interest to you or to run advertising campaigns;
- Notify you of notices or when any relevant Application updates or upgrades that are available and requires notification; and
- Conduct analytics such as estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
4. Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
- The data will be stored with “us”, but the user has first right on the data, and we will take all responsibility to protect it to the best possible security measures. No data will be shared with third parties, except any macro data & trends that may be necessary to publish from time to time.
- If “we” choose to use any third party analytics service to improve the experience, offer value added services for our users, we may choose to use the services in an API based , or any manner that does that cause the personally identifiable data to be compromised. This will always continue to be the primary responsibility in any third party services that we may in turn use, and we will publish any such services/ any intentional incidents on data breach on our website from time to time.
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified personal information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
Our customers, partners or vendors may disclose to us certain personal or non-personal data they have separately collected about you so that we can effectively provide our services. They do this in accordance with their own specific privacy policies and subject to their own applicable legal requirements. We are only responsible for all touch points you have with “us” and the commercial contracts that we get in from the partners we engage in. Since the app is for K12 kids - we will take the best possible measures to keep the bar high for all engagement with partners & prospective commercial vendors. If you are bringing your data in the app from a third party provider , which is not a partner with us, we take no responsibility for the privacy and security guards in place for these partners.
5. What are my privacy rights?
There are multiple options for users of this Application:
- Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application – You can stop all collection of information by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. The default flow on your mobile is as follows: Settings > Apps > Application > Uninstall.
In the event you have uninstalled the application and want us to stop using your personal information, please submit a thorough description at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within a maximum period of 90 days from the submission of the request. Any user who has used the app, can choose to delete the data and opt out. Any deletion of user data means that we treat this as a new user, and all previous
A request for full deletion from our AWS cloud needs to be sent to email@example.com with the subject line as “Please delete the data for Phone number (mention your details)” . Please note that data deletion totally removes any files from all the cloud service provider we have, so only use it as per discretion. The user data can not be recovered after deletion.
- Opt-out of Interest based advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. To opt out of the use of information collected by our advertising partners across different applications to serve ads that are targeted to your interests, please follow the steps below:
Android - Settings > Apps & Notifications > Select the Shunya app > Permissions > Change Location Permission to your preference
The Application assumes no responsibility for any third-party landing pages displayed through the Application if any; and we recommend that you review the privacy policies of such third parties that you elect to interact with.
We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect about you in compliance with its legal and privacy requirements and contractual obligations. We also seek appropriate contractual protection from our partners and service providers regarding their collection, use or treatment of user data. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
7. Data Retention Policy
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please submit a thorough description at firstname.lastname@example.org